[coreboot] CBFS searches in Coreboot and SeaBIOS

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Sep 25 19:57:02 CEST 2009

Myles Watson wrote:
>> What about we stop the spew rather than changing the algorithm?
>>
> I think both need to be done.  On a mainboard with many devices it
> seems silly to keep looking through the same two CBFS entries for
> ROMs.  Is there a reason to do it that way that I'm missing?

Well, it's quite against the device centric model we have at the
moment... That made me hesitate.

But your reasons are very sound. It's quite a lot of cbfs accesses, and
generally I guess walking the device tree (in coreboot it's even a
memory op, and not a pci config space op) is cheaper than walking all of
the rom all of the time...

Stefan