[coreboot] unstable AMD Fam10h boot

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 07:00:26 CEST 2009

there's at least three problems here :-)
1. do we want to do SMP of any kind in CAR? I think not, but I'd like
to hear Marc's opinion
2. There are techniques from the oldest days of PCI (cf8/cfc) that we
use that don't work well in a multicore world.
     MMCONF, it seems, can help here. Using MMCONF for config cycles
may only work for newer CPUs,
     but we really ought to move to something that doesn't require a
shared resource such as cf8/cfc for more modern
     CPUs.
3. we need smp style locking code for printk.

Any more :-)

ron