[coreboot] SeaBIOS WinXP install

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:13:34 CEST 2009

> > I don't think the IO port location is a problem, unless it conflicts
> with
> > something in the DSDT.  The IRQ setting is also different. 145 seems
> pretty
> > high.
> >
> What this IRQ 145 (or 58) relates to. On the legacy BIOS this is an
> ACPI=force boot and on coreboot
> this is an ACPI=off. Is this IRQ assigned by coreboot, by seabios or the
> operating system. I just want to
> verify if this is normal or not.

I wish I knew more about it.  Here's the part of Rudolf's page about that:
http://www.coreboot.org/ACPI_in_coreboot#Interrupt_routing_in_DSDT

My understanding is that the IRQs are specified as offsets from IOAPICs,
each of which supply some number of IRQs.  If your DSDT specifies this
differently than the chipset was configured by Coreboot, it breaks.

Myles