[coreboot] Phoenix Technologies and General Software

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 2 02:40:54 CEST 2009

Hello!
Yes indeed, I did look at the page.

But I am miffed over the passing of General Software. The fellow who
launched it, escaped from Micro$~ft to create a version of DOS that was
real-time friendly. And then they buried that product hoping to capitalize
on the growing embedded BIOS market... I believe that's what prompted
Phoenix to grab them, to rescue the company before it made anymore bad
decisions.....

Now Andrew if we could track down a collection of Tadpole VME bus based
boards wearing the M68K family of processors......

(Ignore that remark fellow Coreboot participants, that's a side-remark to
Andrew G.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net

On
> Behalf Of Andrew Goodbody
> Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 12:29 PM
> To: coreboot
> Subject: Re: [coreboot] Phoenix Technologies and General Software
>
> ron minnich wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Marc Jones<marcj303 at gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2008/09/01/daily3.html?ana=from_r
ss
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Technologies
> >
> > interesting, the consolidation continues. Do you think they killed the
> > product or are still reselling it? I am guessing the former.
> >
> > ron
> >

> Phoenix are still selling it.

http://www.phoenix.com/en/Embedded/Products/Core+Bios+Products/Embedded+BIOS
/de