[coreboot] SeaBIOS WinXP install

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:33:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Arnaud Maye<arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com> wrote:
> Hello Myles, Kevin and others
>
> I've been implementing the ACPI for the ep80579 and so far it is not going
> very well. Linux refuses to boot unless I use acpi=off or acpi=ht as boot
> parameters. acpi=ht seems to display my ACPI ioports in proc/ioports as
> expected ( the ioports addresses are all mapped to the ACPI BAR ). Without
> to disable acpi the kernel complains that the 0xE0000000 range is not a
> reserved  range and the MMCONF is not supported and then hangs. Using
> acpi=noirq still hangs so I believe the problem is not related to the acpi
> irqoverride.
If you boot using acpi=off you can use the Linux Firmware Developers
Kit ( http://linuxfirmwarekit.org/ ) to debug ACPI issues.  Then
you'll have lspci available to check against what the tables are
saying.

> The DSDT been dumped from the legacy BIOS using acpidump and this is what I
> am including in the build process to test. Actually I've based my code on
> the mainboard\intel\eagleheigths.
I couldn't use the factory DSDT for my mainboard because so many of
the initialization values were different when booted with Coreboot.

> I wanted to discard the linux problem so far and concentrate on Windows XP
> install. I've been disabling the ACPI ( pressing F7 in early install ) and
> it goes well until "Starting windows..." then I get a BSOD : STOP:
> 0x0000007B (0xF8980524, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000).
Linux is much more forgiving.  I personally wouldn't try Windows
without Linux working.  There's much more debugging information
available with Linux.

> This error indeed point to "Inaccessible Boot Device" and the second
> argument 0xc0000043 points to "Status Object Name Not Found"
>
> This post is quite old and nothing have been answered to it since July 2008.
> You probably been able to fix that issue. What is related to missing floppy
> disk controller or something else?
I haven't looked at it since then.  One of the things that makes my
s2895 challenging is multiple PCI root buses.  I haven't gotten that
quite right yet.

Thanks,
Myles