[coreboot] UPDATE YOUR REPOSITORIES

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Oct 31 10:21:03 CET 2009

Hi,

as discussed over the last year we finally cleaned up the subversion
repository structure of the coreboot repository.

The reasons for this change are:
- checking out all required utilities with coreboot is easier
- No more svn externals, as they break https checkouts
- branching and merging to/from other repositories will be a lot easier.
- our tree structure more similar to that of other projects

The tree now roughly looks like this:

{svn://coreboot.org/coreboot,https://svn.coreboot.org/coreboot}

+-+ branches
| +-- coreboot-v1
| +-- coreboot-v2-newbuild

+-- tags
+-+ trunk
  +-- COPYING
  +-- documentation
  +-- Makefile
  +-- NEWS
  +-- payloads
  +-- README
  +-- src
  +-- targets
  +-+ util
    +-- ...

So please update your repositories... you can migrate your old
repositories like this:

$ cd coreboot-v2
# make sure all your new files are added with svn add
$ svn diff > ../migration.diff
$ cd ..
$ svn co svn://coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk coreboot
$ cd coreboot
$ patch -p0 < ../migration.diff

That's it. The old repository (svn://coreboot.org/repos/) will stay
around for another while so all of you have enough time to switch.
It will, however, be read-only.

BTW: Those of you behind firewalls can now check out coreboot with a
single line again:
$ svn co https://svn.coreboot.org/coreboot/trunk  coreboot

The wiki, build scripts, and other config files were updated to make
this as smooth as possible. If you are experiencing trouble despite
this, please let me know.

Best regards,
Stefan Reinauer

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613