[coreboot] Intel i815 motherboard

Chris Parsons cjparsons1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 02:06:55 CET 2009

I'd like to get coreboot working on my PC. I think the north bridge is currently unsupported but I would like to help. I have written bootloaders for a proprietary PowerPC based system. Here I might be out of my depth but I willing to give it a go. A concern is that my BIOS chip is soldered down, but the motherboard has a dip switch labelled recover, which I think reflashes from a 3.5in disk when enabled. So that could get me back to a working system.

It's an HP Vectra VL400 mini-tower

Phoenix BIOS IP.01.04US
The HP motherboard P/N is D9820-6009. Socket 370 Pentium III era.

Intel 815 north bridge.
Intel 82801 - is that the south bridge?

NSC87360 Super IO

Flashrom reports
Found chip "Intel 82802AB" (512 KB, FWH) at physical address 0xfff80000

lspci output attached

Chris