[coreboot] grub as coreboot payload

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Thu Oct 29 01:17:56 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 09:20:53PM +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first, congratulations to the 1.97-release!
>
> I vainly tried to run the latest grub2 (Revision: 2663) as payload to
> coreboot (Revision: 4852) following the wikipage:
>
> 	  http://grub.enbug.org/CoreBoot
>
> Is this page still up to date and does anybody use grub2 as payload
> successfully? How?

Hi,

It appears that since r4534 (move to Kconfig), Multiboot information is no
longer built in by default.  You have to enable it in "System tables" /
"Generate Multiboot tables (for GRUB2)", then GRUB works fine (at least
on QEMU, which I just tested).

Coreboot developers: would you consider enabling it again?  The overhead
is minimal, and it would make this less confusing for users.

--
Robert Millan