[coreboot] LPC/FWH/Parallel buses on Intel ICH, VIA VT82*

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Wed Oct 28 18:08:54 CET 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:17:11 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get an overview about which flash buses are supported on
> which chipsets. SPI support is pretty clear for all chipsets.
> For ICH I don't know if they ever supported LPC flash, and when Parallel
> support stopped and FWH support started (and if there was any overlap).
> For VIA VT82*, I heard that FWH flash was never supported, but I'm not
> sure when Parallel support stopped and LPC support started (and if there
> was any overlap).
>
> Any insights appreciated.

Carl-Daniel,
I know that every ICH board I have ever seen ships with fwh. Whether or not
lpc would work on ICH (I have never seen docs indicating support) or not
has yet to be seen. I think this would require extensive testing.

It seems VIA boards almost always have lpc chips.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith