[coreboot] LPC/FWH/Parallel buses on Intel ICH, VIA VT82*

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Oct 28 17:17:11 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get an overview about which flash buses are supported on
which chipsets. SPI support is pretty clear for all chipsets.
For ICH I don't know if they ever supported LPC flash, and when Parallel
support stopped and FWH support started (and if there was any overlap).
For VIA VT82*, I heard that FWH flash was never supported, but I'm not
sure when Parallel support stopped and LPC support started (and if there
was any overlap).

Any insights appreciated.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the week:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."