[coreboot] Help getting a P2B board running with coreboot

Mark Marshall mark.marshall60 at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 22 11:20:14 CEST 2009

On 21/10/09 18:27, Mark Marshall wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been lurking here for some time, and am slowly trying to get a ASUS
> P2B board to run with coreboot. This is mainly so that I can get to
> grips with how coreboot works - the P2B seemed to be an easy starting
> point (well documented and cheap, they're on e-bay for < £10).
>
> I've built a ROM image from earlier today and loaded it into a flash,
> and I do get some serial output. I can see coreboot attempts to
> initialize the memory and then hangs when it tries to copy the CBFS
> image to RAM.

I've played with the magic numbers in raminit.c (so that they match the
DIMM I've got) and now it boots.  So most of my questions have now been
answered.

Thanks anyway.

MM

PS.
Is there a good reason why boards of this vintage don't use CAR?  Is
there a chance that some CPUs will not have enough cache to make it
worth while, or is this something that someone could add at some point?