[coreboot] SeaBIOS VGA failure after ctrl-alt-delete

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 00:22:21 CEST 2009

> Does coreboot disable all BARs at start?  Would SeaBIOS have to
> remember which BARs it disabled and then reenable them after the
> optionrom is copied?

The BARs are enabled when coreboot passes control to SeaBIOS.  The expansion
ROM may be an exception to that.

Since it works the first time, it seems like it must be something SeaBIOS or
the expansion ROM code is doing to break it.  Does the control pass to
anyone else?

> Also, does anyone know a reliable way to reset the machine?  It might
> be simpler to have SeaBIOS just do a full reset when it detects a
> partial reset.
I actually like the partial reset, but maybe I'm in the minority.

At least on some K8-based machines coreboot will cause a reset if you jump
to 0xfffffff0 because the reset bits weren't set correctly.  I don't know if
others work that way.

Thanks,
Myles