[coreboot] SerialICE QEMU LUA issues

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Oct 9 08:00:05 CEST 2009

Well, It looks like I am having issues running qemu with serialice. It
seems I am missing part of the LUA package but I can't figure out which
one. I have the lua, lua-devel, and lua-static packages installed but it
is still complaining. I am running Fedora Core 11, anyone know what
package i need?

[root at smitty5m qemu-0.11.0]# i386-softmmu/qemu -M serialice -serialice
/dev/ttyS0 -hda /dev/zero -L ./bios
SerialICE 1.4 ...
...initializing emulated target hardware...
SerialICE: Waiting for handshake with target... target alife!
SerialICE: LUA init...
SerialICE LUA
Failed to run script: serialice.lua:28: module 'bit' not found:
	no field package.preload['bit']
	no file './bit.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/bit.lua'
	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/bit/init.lua'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/bit.lua'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/bit/init.lua'
	no file './bit.so'
	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/bit.so'