[coreboot] libpayload: OHCI stack

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Tue Oct 6 02:49:08 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 02:15:16PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Daniel Mack wrote:
> > I can't change the license as I'm not the author of the original
> > sources.
>
> You could try contacting the author, assuming you yourself would be
> comfortable using BSD for your work, if they are.

There are some dozen authors as the stack was orginally written for
Linux 2.4 and then ported to U-Boot. Probably some bugfixes were also
backported. I don't know. So changing the license is not an option.

> libpayload must stay BSD.. My guess is that your work will not be
> included in libpayload proper.

Unless there is a separate module with complementary code which is then
released under the GPL. That way, it could also take some more code from
the Linux kernel without running into licensing issues again.

> It seems the best you can do now is
> to maintain the patch for compatibility whenever libpayload changes.

I certainly won't do that, simply because I don't have the time for
that, sorry.

Daniel