[coreboot] removal of svn:externals in v2's util/

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Oct 5 15:04:25 CEST 2009

On 05.10.2009 14:56, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Peter Stuge wrote:
>
>>> another course of action (eg. moving the tools into the coreboot v2
>>> repository, so everyone gets them),
>>>

>> No - please don't do that. We're trying to make them separate, not
>> put them back in again.
>>

> For the following utilities it does not make sense to keep them separate:

Sorry, -ENOPARSE. Are you saying they should not be separate from each
other or they should not be separate from the v2 tree?

> * nvramtool
> * superiotool
> * getpir
> * mptable
> * inteltool
> * ectool
> and maybe also for msrtool. We can put that in a separate repository,
> too, if you prefer it to be not associated with coreboot directly.

I think a common coreboot-utils repo would be great, but having them in
a not-checked-out-by-default-with-v2 directory in the v2 repo is
absolutely OK for me.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--