[coreboot] libpayload: OHCI stack

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Mon Oct 5 10:45:12 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 10:30:39AM +0200, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> Am Montag, den 05.10.2009, 10:23 +0200 schrieb Daniel Mack:
> > Ok, I can't judge that. And I can't change the license as I'm not the
> > author of the original sources. Up to you to decide then :)
> Just curious, what are you using libpayload for, FILO?

Yes.

> If so, I'd assume that's the primary user of USB functionality in
> libpayload, and we could stuff the OHCI code there - but using the
> libpayload interfaces, so the code changes were really small (basically,
> changes to the build system)
>
> That way, libpayload stays "pure", while this can still be used where it
> doesn't trouble anyone.

Following the recent discussion about USB keyboard support in SeaBIOS I
thought putting everything which all payloads share is the right thing
to do, no? Wouldn't we end up having clones of that stack appearing in
other payloads if we don't put it in a common place?

> One other option would be to have a libpayload-gpl library, but that
> would really take it too far, I think, as library users would have to
> collect the bits from various places.

buildrom could do that automagically, though. But I'm unsure, too. I'd
really like to leave that up to you to pack the stack to a place which
seems appropriate. I just don't to get it lost, it was too much work for
that ;)

Daniel