[coreboot] SPD sanity check

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 2 13:53:43 CEST 2009

On 02.10.2009 13:46, Joseph Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 20:39:40 -0700, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think one of those SPD dumps is good, one bad, but I want to see
>> what anyone else thinks.
>>
> You know Ron you could always compare the JEDEC registers with the dimms
> manufacturers specifications to find out if the register values are good or
> not.

decode-dimms (or decode-dimms.pl) from lm-sensors is extremely useful
for this. Run it on a working system and it will dump the content of all
SPDs and show the meaning of the values stored there.

If you want, you can compare these results with the output of the
coreboot SPD dump.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--