[coreboot] [v2] r4698 - trunk/coreboot-v2/src/mainboard/dell/s1850

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Oct 1 15:48:49 CEST 2009

On 09/30/2009 08:44 PM, ron minnich wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Stefan Reinauer<stepan at coresystems.de>  wrote:
>
>> :-) Nice
>
> Sorry. I just assumed nobody would even care about this antique. Hope
> no one is too annoyed by the self-ack.
>

>>> +     /* operate on undocumented device */
>>>
>> Can you dump the pci config space or read the pci id of that device?
>
> no, because the Dell BIOS turns it completely off.
>

>>> +     /* ACPI base address */
>>> +     pci_write_config16(PCI_DEV(0, 0x1f, 0), 0x40, 0x800);
>>>

>> bit 0 is hard wired to 1 so it doesn't matter much I guess.
>

> yes, I'm cloning what they do by watching IO with serialice. They did
> not read it and or it in in this one case.

Very cool, I have yet to play with serialice. If your watching IO then
how do you know what the PCI regs are doing? If I could use serialice to
capture PCI regs, it would solve alot of mysteries....

Or are you just using serialice to capture ACPI read/writes?

> lotsa magic bits here. This is a really old part so I'm a little
> surprised. Not too much, any more.
>
> Going to have a long delay now while I convert to CAR. Also having a
> meeting in 2 weeks that may kill the whole project.

bummer....would you continue it for personal interest?

---------------------------
 > +	/* ACPI control */
 > > +	w = inw(0x868);
 > > +	outw(w|0x800, 0x868);
 > > +	w = inw(0x866);
 > > +	outw(w|2, 0x866);
 > >
 > This is something in the TCO area, probably disabling the watchdog

Nice! If the TCO timer is not disabled you will reboot for ever....I
beleive the OS re-enables it?

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith