[coreboot] [v2] r4698 - trunk/coreboot-v2/src/mainboard/dell/s1850

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:44:47 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:

> :-) Nice

Sorry. I just assumed nobody would even care about this antique. Hope
no one is too annoyed by the self-ack.

>> +     /* operate on undocumented device */
>>
> Can you dump the pci config space or read the pci id of that device?

no, because the Dell BIOS turns it completely off.

>> +     /* ACPI base address */
>> +     pci_write_config16(PCI_DEV(0, 0x1f, 0), 0x40, 0x800);
>>

> bit 0 is hard wired to 1 so it doesn't matter much I guess.

yes, I'm cloning what they do by watching IO with serialice. They did
not read it and or it in in this one case.

lotsa magic bits here. This is a really old part so I'm a little
surprised. Not too much, any more.

Going to have a long delay now while I convert to CAR. Also having a
meeting in 2 weeks that may kill the whole project.

ron