[coreboot] [RFC] Setting the correct Patchwork status

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Nov 24 14:32:18 CET 2009

Hi,

I'd like to get some input on using the correct "patch state" in Patchwork.

1. Patches which have been acked and are waiting for commit.
2. Patches which are not intended for merging, but which should stay
easily available in case someone needs them. This includes debug patches
and emergency recovery patches.

For type 1, I think either "Awaiting upstream" or "Under review" are OK.
We could add an additional state "Waiting for commit".
For type 2, it is a lot more difficult. "Not applicable" is for patches
sent to the wrong list. "Rejected" and "RFC" don't fit either. What
about an additional state "Not for merging"?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."