[coreboot] Multiboot header license change

Robert Millan rmh at aybabtu.com
Mon Nov 16 00:44:31 CET 2009

Hi,

This is to announce that, following approval from RMS, the header in
GRUB 2 that contains Multiboot declarations (multiboot.h) is now being
distributed under the X11 license in latest Bazaar trunk of GNU GRUB.

With this change, we expect make it easier for OS kernel developers
and implementors of Multiboot in general to adopt this specification.

The Multiboot specification aims to unify bootloading on x86 across
Operating Systems and firmware platforms.  With GNU GRUB being the
reference implementation, supporting Multiboot in your OS kernel
allows it to be run in a huge installed base of GRUB Legacy and GRUB 2
systems.

If you want to learn more about Multiboot, check the Multiboot manual,
currently being distributed as part of GRUB Legacy, or available online
at:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/multiboot/multiboot.html

Best regards

--