[coreboot] PX10000G aka Pico ITX

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Nov 6 16:31:34 CET 2009

Hi Elkton,

elkton gen wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pico-ITX#PX10000G is the device I'm
> targeting but you don't seem to support this, I would like to add this
> device, it has:
>
> VIA VX700 Chipset (you only support VX800 or CX700)
> VIA C7-M Processor.
> VIA VT6106S
> VIA VT1708A
>
> By the looks of it only the CPU is support.  So a bit of work to be
> done...

Yes, but I believe VX700 is similar to CX700 so it may not be that
much.

Neither VT6106 ethernet nor VT1708 codec needs coreboot support.

If there is a superio chip you may need to add support for that.

I suggest that you start working from an existing board in coreboot
which uses the cx700 code.

http://www.coreboot.org/Datasheets#VIA_CX700M.2FVX700

> and/or a contact at VIA who might be helpful in getting access to
> the information I require this, would be great.

There are no such contacts at VIA but there is a lot of information
available online, and please feel free to ask on this mailing list!

//Peter