[coreboot] GeodeLX RAM initialisation issue

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:10:54 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a new one. We've never seen it on the geodes we have.
>
> It is possible your geodes are newer and there is something we are
> doing wrong for the part.
>
> It is also possible that a "reset" from linux on coreboot is not
> "complete" enough, as it might be on the embedded bios. In my case I
> would start there.

Good point. The bios has a number of ways to cause a reset that
coreboot doesn't have. I don't know how many different ways Linux will
attempt a reset. If it always works when you hit the reset button, you
will need to look at the software reset path.

When linux does the reset, is the coreboot output the same? Does it do
the "Resetting the processor"?

A few things you can look at are a memory test prior to the wbind and
you can also try dumping the MC registers to see if they are getting
setup differently on the failing case.

Marc

--
http://marcjonesconsulting.com