[coreboot] what should CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE be in "CPU/1HT device" mode?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:58:31 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi, Myles,
> > About the HT code, I have a question.
> >
> > I am debugging my board, which is Fam10+RS780+SB700. The CPU and RS780
> are
> > the two HT node.
> Aren't there three?  How is the SB700 connected to the RS780?
>
> > It seems like the RS690/SB600 board.
> The RS690/SB600 board has three.

I looked again, and it doesn't.  Sorry about that.  It looked like three at
first because there are two 'chip' declarations on that HT link, but since
the second one doesn't start at 0.0, it doesn't get separated as a link in
the chain.

> > In early_ht.c, the
> > comment in enumertate_ht_chain() says,
> > #if CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE != 0
> > /* CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE could be 0 (only one ht device in the ht
> > chain),
> > if so, don't need to go through the chain  */
> >
> > I am wondering if the CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE is 0 in my case. If
> not,
> > why in the supported RS690/SB600 board, the CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE
> is
> > 0.

I think it should be.  As long as it is the only member of the chain is
should work fine to just leave it at 0.

Thanks,
Myles