[coreboot] failing fam10 code in coreboot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:53:17 CET 2009

That's really weird.  It looks like memory corruption, because CONFIG_RAMTOP
(the top of memory that coreboot_ram can use) shouldn't affect the variable
MTRR setup for the top of real RAM.

I'm surprised that there was a difference in the coreboot_ram.map file too.
I don't see how the changes affected the length of the stack!

Which toolchain did you use to build these two?  Are you using Kconfig or
./buildtarget?

Can you try making the stack a lot bigger and seeing if that helps?

CONFIG_STACK_SIZE is now 8K, but try 64K. (0x10000)

I can't see why CONFIG_RAMTOP is 16M.  Your coreboot_ram.map file says you
could fit under 2M.  That might not be true with a 64K stack, but for sure
4M.

Thanks,
Myles