[coreboot] [Patch] CMOS: Add set_option and rework get_option.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Fri May 29 16:34:35 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 04:16:33PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > That was mighty fast :)
>
> I read it through and I liked it.

:)

> > A quick suggestion would be this:
>
> Or store a 32 bit CRC in NVRAM, calculated from a canonicalized form
> of the cmos.layout contents.

Yeah, that would be a good solution for checking the validity too.

> Versioning is nice - but do we need it? I think this nvram stuff is
> the most infrequent changing part of all of coreboot.

To be absolutely honest, i was just spewing some thoughts, my itch is
scratched with this patch, i have what i needed for my board, and i see
it less likely that i will implement this than that i will fix up the
TODOs in vga_console.c :)

Luc Verhaegen.