[coreboot] [v2] ACPI on m57sli

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Wed May 27 23:21:35 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 22:25:34 Ronald Hoogenboom wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> I fixed some stuff and made a new build.
> * now my NIC MAC address is same as factory (in romstrap.inc): no
> 'renaming' anymore.
> * now the FACP checksum is correct (new fadt.c attached)
I had a quick look at the fadt.c and it looks good!

The TODO you added is also a known problem, but i think it's not a big
problem.
But i also can't say if this will disappear if you turn off acpi-debug, because
here it's enabled too.

This time i added a diff on my acpi tree of cb to the acpi_tables.c file.
You also *need* the DYNDATA generator to get PowerNow working.
Have a look on that, it *should* work, i don't know it exactly, because it's a
few weeks over when I experimented the last time with this code.

I think the essential part of the diff is this one:
+       /* DYNADATA */ /* used by the PowerNow! generator */
+       acpi_create_ssdt_generator(ssdt, "DYNADATA");
+       current += ssdt->length;
+        acpi_add_table(rsdt, ssdt);

> * powernow still doesn't work (enabled the commented
> acpi_fill_ssdt_generator in acpi.c, but doesn't help...)
Hopefully you'll get that with my comments. :)

Kind regards,
Harald