[coreboot] CBFS transition plan

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:15:26 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:
> Hi Myles,
>
> I tried CBFS on M2V-MX SE. So far it worked (Seabios + gpxe + vga rom) Well
> done  all ;)
>
> It seems that the ROM SIP area for chipset is OK. Is there a way how to
> verify that it will be always so? (Its in last 128B of flash)
As long as the compilation process stays as it is right now.  Right
now we take a working (fallback or failover) image and use it as the
"bootblock".  When that changes there will be no guarantees.  Right
now you should use fallback+failover or fallback-only images.  Normal
is guaranteed to fail.

> I only ran to one issue, did not investigated yet. I had this rom as above
> and I removed the VGA rom and system stopped finding the seabios.
>
> Dont know maybe there is smth wrong with remove,
Most likely.  I thought I fixed remove, but I probably missed a corner case.

Thanks,
Myles