[coreboot] Fix some PCI issues on M57SLI v2

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Tue Mar 31 18:16:03 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 17:57:40 Ward Vandewege wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> Great work! I'll test it tomorrow on a v1 board.
That would be really fine, because if there are some differences we need to find
a way to get the source working on both hardware revisions.
We could use for that reasons a new CONFIG entry in the Config.lb, but
hopefully we won't need that stuff.

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 05:44:50PM +0200, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> > +       	/* TODO: Check why udev renames eth0 to eth1 at boot time */
> > +	PCI_INT(0,sbdn+8,0, 22); /* GBit Ether */
>
> If you check, you'll find your mac address to be different under coreboot.
> That's because for mcp55-based nics, the mac address is stored in the bios
> rom image.
>
> I have a script that I use to binary patch coreboot rom images with a
> different mac address. It's attached.
Fine, that's nice to know, i just looked in the source and saw that the MAC-
address is set in romstrap.inc under
src/southbridge/nvidia/mcp55/romstrapc.inc.
So one TODO is already done, the others should be also easy to clear if
someone could send the output's which are necessary to verify from a v1 board.
I mentioned those things in the first mail according to that patch.

Maybe it would be good to add a configuration-field in the buildrom-devel to be
able to set this before building the image.

> Thanks,
> Ward.
Kind regards,
Harald