[coreboot] patch: add romfs to V2

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:23:04 CEST 2009

so the substantive comments that I can see so far:
1. ROMFS->LCAR
2. ORBC->LAR2
2.5 version number 31313131 to something else, I don't care, just name it.
3. consider stupid hardware design which makes most of ROM
non-memory-accessible but at the same time don't do that because it is
really slow. You all confused me now :-)
4. make expansion roms compressed. Well, this is ok by me; are we
going to expand them to c0000? That works for me.

I'd like to say, this is the 3rd or 4th attempt to fix this. Jordan
did this twice, we did it once before him, and this is actually
Jordan's last piece of code. I am thinking we need to stop arguing
this code to death.

Nothing is going to be perfect, but I have been using LCAR2 for a week
and it's way better than what v2 has now. I think it's the right
direction.

Let's not make this a file system. It's just a set of managed pointers
to data. We don't need ext2 extended headers.

Compression is possible on expansion roms. There is nothing that says
we can't do it.

ron