[coreboot] patch: add romfs to V2

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Mar 31 05:08:54 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:52:20PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> This patch adds Jordan's ROMFS utility to v2.
>
> ron

Hi Ron,

I think it would be great to backport a LAR like flash structure to
coreboot v2.

However, I'm a bit confused by the move to include ROMFS in v2 - at
least while v3 still has LAR.  As payloads become more advanced, I
think they're going to need to peek into the flash, and having to
support both LAR and ROMFS in external code is going to be a big pain.

I hope this doesn't come across as too critical to ROMFS, but I have
some concerns.