[coreboot] Soldering a socket on your board

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Mar 27 21:13:20 CET 2009

Uwe,
Great job on the "Soldering a socket on your board" Wiki page. I like it
:-)
What I do is take a piece of aluminum foil, fold it in half (for double the
protection), and cut a rectangle out just the size of the chip. I place the
piece of foil over the chip when heating it with my regular heat gun (about
$20 US). The foil really helps to absorb the heat so nothing else except
the chip heats up. I have one that I need to do, If I get time this weekend
I will do it and take some picks if you want. Just let me know.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith