[coreboot] prettyprint for hardware registers

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Mar 27 19:43:11 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <
c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Could this be something useful for us, especially considering it looks
> like a combination of msrtool, inteltool etc?
> I'd like to make sure we don't reinvent the wheel here.
>
> Quoting from the description page:
> "PP is intended to provide infrastructure and tools to describe and
> manipulate hardware registers and fields. Once described, it is possible
> to read and write fields symbolically. This allows one to browse the
> state of their hardware."
> http://code.google.com/p/prettyprint/

It's definitely an interesting project. The idea, as I understand, is to
basically define a language for describing hardware state + registers that
is useful for systems software. Basically, a way to write HDL that can be
used from a C++ library or some such.