[coreboot] DL145G3

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Mar 27 08:55:43 CET 2009

samuel wrote:
> >>Do you have access to a continuity tester? Please check this
> >>connection.
>
> I do not have access to a continuity tester.

..

> >> * You can insulate the #TBL pin of the flash chip from the
> >>   corresponding socket contact, and connect #TBL to Vdd. According
> >>   to the datasheet of SST49LF080A, providing Vih(=Vdd) to #TBL
> >>   disables write protection on the boot block.
>
> I guess i can try this... I suppose it won't hurt?

Yep, it's a good idea. Bend pin 8 up and make sure it doesn't have
contact with the socket, then connect it to pin 32 or 25. (Both VDD)

> >>Correct. It is most likely the cause. But - it would also be
> >>interesting if you could measure the voltage Samuel, on pin 8
> >>after having run flashrom in any mode.
>
> I will get a volt meter... What pin should i use as ground? I tried
> having a look at page 7 of the LPC data sheet but i didn't see a
> ground pin...

16, VSS is ground.

Maybe that volt meter also has an ohm meter function. That works
well as a continuity tester too - if two points are connected the
resistance will be 0.00 ohm.

//Peter