[coreboot] Several closed trac tickets

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Mar 17 13:14:41 CET 2009

Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> >> #85: fix milli/mega and 1000/1024 ambiguities
> >
> >> #23: Use Doxygen-style comments
> >
> > Closing tickets solely because of lack of activity in the tracker
> > undermines the ticket status property IMO, and I think such status
> > changes should be avoided.
>
> Yes, I totally agree. I changed the tickets not solely because of
> the lack of status, but because they were never real tickets.

Oh - I see! You didn't write that in the comments so I assumed.

Sorry! :\

> "Use Doxygen style comments" is something that belongs (and is) in
> the developers guideline, but it's not a ticket.

It depends.. If our goal is to really have doxygen throughout, I
think a ticket makes good sense as long as there is some code without
doxygen - even though it is written in guidelines.

If we are more lax about wanting doxygen I agree that closing the
ticket as invalid makes sense. A comment at the same time as status
change could probably help clear up some confusion in that case.

Similarly, I think debug output clarity is an important issue, at the
very least before the "Going mainstream" milestone.

I'd like to reopen 85, but there's no point if it will get closed
again, so I'm hoping you see my point. :)

Thanks for clarification and good discussion!

//Peter