[coreboot] Flashrom problems on SB600

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Mar 17 00:02:07 CET 2009

Tiago Marques wrote:
> Why hasn't this patch been merged yet, it seems pretty
> strightforward.

The heuristic nature worries me. I would much prefer to learn that I
suck because I couldn't find the SB600 register which says whether
system booted from SPI or LPC flash, but I doubt it'll happen.

Sorry for holding it up. I completely agree that flashrom should
just work<tm> also on SB600, but I also want to solve problems as
neatly as possible and this was a bit tricky because it is new.

I am thinking that maybe SB600 SPI support could use the flashrom
plugin interface (which does not exist yet) and require explicit
enabling. We discussed explicit options back when the patch was
created, and I do want to add an option to select plugin when the
plugin interface is available. I think it would fit SB600 SPI well.

Any thoughts?

//Peter