[coreboot] v3 scan-build support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Mar 11 17:53:15 CET 2009

Patrick Georgi wrote:
> > Couldn't this connection between Kconfig and xcompile work better?
> >
> > I don't like that it's circular: Makefile is needed to create
> > xcompile which is needed to use Makefile..
> >
> > I didn't express myself very clearly - do you still get my point?
>
> And what is new about that? I changed nothing except passing a
> variable around.
> So no, I unfortunately don't seem to get your point.

Sorry. :)

Ok.

No, the circular thing is not new, I would like that to change too.

But for CONFIG_SCAN_BUILD, the patch passes it as a parameter to
xcompile but I would prefer if environment was used for that
communication, both because it is more generic and because it makes
it more obvious what is going on.

//Peter