[coreboot] wiki start page

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 11 10:52:07 CET 2009

Hi,

our start page is a miracle of presenting loads of useful info in
constrained space. That's great for developers and people having time to
read it all.
We do not target end users and journalists, though, and I'd like to
change that. Intimidating them with a truckload of information and links
is not going to be a successful strategy.

First draft at a gateway page to direct each class of visitors to the
appropriate page:
https://www.coreboot.org/Welcome_to_coreboot_(Gateway_page)
It's only a draft. It needs real website design. It needs to be outside
the wiki environment which clutters up the start page. It probably needs
to be trimmed down as well.
The link to the page for developers points to the current welcome page.
That's intentional. The links to the pages for journalists and users
point nowhere because we don't have any pages suitable for end users or
journalists.

What do you think?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel