[coreboot] GSoC 2009 deadlines

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Mar 10 17:38:50 CET 2009

On 10.03.2009 16:02 Uhr, ron minnich wrote:
> The project I'd like to see is AVATT v. 2 -- get it on real hardware.
>
> AVATT is a virtual machine in flash. kernel + kvm + coreboot.
>
> But, people are good to want to join in, but the hard part is leading
> it. It's tremendous work. You don't want to start GSOC unless you are
> sure you can finish it.
>
> Stefan, how many hours per week and hours total did you put into GSOC?
> Did you get any sleep?

It should be 5 hours per week and per student minimum. I think for a
good mentoring this might not always be enough, though it's sometimes
hard to reach even that.
Think I was trying to mentor 7 students in the first year.

That said, I filled out a registration form for gsoc 09 after quite some
people showed interest in helping out. If we do this, we should make
sure the students get a good time and all the help they need to do stuff.

Stefan