[coreboot] ACPI patches for Tyan s2895, s2892, s2891

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 04:46:25 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Acked-by: Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz>
>
> If you can explain to me why the superIO changes.
For some reason the SuperIO puts the RTC at 0x400, even though it's
usually at 0x70.  If I put it at 0x70 the keyboard and mouse don't
work :(  I put it at 0x90 and corrected the size so that it wouldn't
conflict with other devices.  That makes Linux happy with it.  It
still could be a problem for Windows not to have it at 0x70.

> Also The SMM does nothing to
> do with IRQ9. Get rid of SMM for now. The IRQ 9 needs to be setup for ACPI in
> SB. Thats it (and perhaps it needed also an IRQ override).
Sorry I must have misunderstood this again.  I thought this was why I
keep getting : IRQ9 nobody cared messages from Linux.

It's the last thing that Linux complains about.  I'm not sure what I
should do so that somebody cares.

> It looks fine, assuming it works for you then lets put it in. A lot of people is
> trying to get ACPI working those days.
It's mostly working.

> Please note that some changes to second patch needs to be done too. For the
> global acpik8_util

Yes.  I was trying to implement what I thought was the intent of the
original.  Since then I've taken out the VGA IO port regions and the
DRAM region.  It's a lot more complicated because I have multiple root
 buses.  As far as I can tell the factory BIOS is also not 100%
compliant with the spec, which is making it harder to see what's wrong
with mine.

My current state is hopefully better than what it was when I first
submitted these patches, but the BSOD is the same.

Thanks,
Myles