[coreboot] ACPI/APIC related questions in coreboot.

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Thu Mar 5 20:14:36 CET 2009

Hello,

at the moment i try to get acpi support running with the gigabyte m57sli
mainboard.
a few things are allready done (fill fadt, dsdt.asl and a pretty "raw"
acpi_tables.c).

Now my problem is, that i can't figure out the right values to set up the madt
and mcfg acpi tables.

On the coreboot wiki page according to acpi it's listed to check the source of
asus/m2v-mx_se how to fill/create the madt tables.

My problem for now is just, where do i find the right values to fill that table
correctly? The values which are used in the example are alled #defined
somewhere, but for mcp55 i couldn't find values which are defined somewhere and
named the same style like those for via.

Trying to set up the mcfg table i tried to "guess" the right value for finding
the right "dev" to set it up at the correct address base.
Here is my guessed suggest for the right values:

dev = dev_find_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_NVIDIA, PCI_DEVICE_ID_NVIDIA_MCP55_PCI, 0);
//or is PCI_DEVICE_ID_NVIDIA_MCP55_LPC correct
        if (!dev)
                return current;

        res = find_resource(dev, K8T890_MMCONFIG_MBAR); /*where to find the
right value for mcp55 instead of k8t890? (guessing is not a really good idea,
coreboot fails on bootup if that value doesn't exist.*/
        if (res) {
                current += acpi_create_mcfg_mmconfig((acpi_mcfg_mmconfig_t *)
                                current, res->base, 0x0, 0x0, 0xff);
        }

What does work until now, nothing "great" but it seems that fadt is filled
correctly and that the dsdt.asl file is also fine, but it's hard to verify when
linux hangs after wring an error message that no lapic entries are present and
that mmconfig has no entries.

I'd be really glad to get some hints how/where i could find out the needed
values.

Kind regards,
Harald Gutmann