[coreboot] pci_read_config8 crash in mainboard.c

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:32:58 CET 2009

 I like the pbus fail nicely patch but I don't think that this device
tree change in the mainboard code is a good idea.

Mainboard specific configuration is one area that coreboot doesn't
handle very well. I think that the UMA setup is the only part that
needs to be done before pci discovery. It would be ideal if we had a
mainboard hook after discovery and before setup and enable. That
probably isn't viable for v2. Maybe we should look at adding a
mainboard device instead of chip to v3.

Marc