[coreboot] coreboot+seabios+gpxe

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Mar 4 02:22:45 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 01:52:15AM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > #define OPTIONROM_BDF_1 pci_to_bdf(0x01, 0x00, 0)
> > #define OPTIONROM_MEM_1 0xfffc0000
> > #define OPTIONROM_BDF_2 pci_to_bdf(0x00, 0x09, 0)
> > #define OPTIONROM_MEM_2 0xfffcf800
> >
> Hi, Kevin,
>
> the bdf notion for matching option roms might be critical, as on k8 bus
> numbers can vary a lot.
> Could we instead just keep a list of addresses and have SeaBIOS match
> the vendor IDs from PCI devices with those in the Option ROMs? That way
> we wouldn't have to worry. I'll gladly send a patch if you see no
> obstacles in changing the behavior.

Are you suggesting that we define OPTIONROM_DEVID_1 (ie, vendor/device
id) instead of OPTIONROM_BDF_1?

Or, are you suggesting that SeaBIOS scan the option rom in memory and
attempt to locate the PCI ids it supports?

The latter seems interesting, but I think it may be difficult to
implement efficiently.

Otherwise, I don't have any objections.

-Kevin