[coreboot] pci_read_config8 crash in mainboard.c

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 2 16:40:45 CET 2009

On 02.03.2009 16:33, ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>

>> AFAIK it has been the case at least since AMD published their 690G/SB600
>> port, maybe even before that. For a fun time, grep over the tree for
>> pci_cf8_conf1 and you'll see it is not constrained to mainboard code.
>>

> ok, has anyone checked to see if it's the code that determines type
> 1/type 2 access going wrong somehow?

Maybe. pci_set_method() is not called on any K8 platform. AFAICS type 1
is hardcoded there, so pci_set_method should not be necessary in theory.
I don't know whether setting the access method happens early enough for
the mainboard code.

> If so, there's an easy fix :-)

Hopefully. Once Ward boots tomorrow with my debug patch, we'll know
where exactly it hangs and probably also why.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/