[coreboot] User:Hailfinger/Drafts/Women

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 25 18:57:31 CEST 2009

On 25.06.2009 18:08, Joseph Smith wrote:
> Carl-Daniel what does this have to do with anything?
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/User:Hailfinger/Drafts/Women

I placed this under my user page because it is still a draft.
Basically, the idea behind this page is to encourage women to become
active coreboot developers/users. Compared to other lowlevel free
software projects, we have a pretty OK female/male ratio, but since
we're developer-starved (in the sense of having enough TODO items to
keep everyone busy for more than a year), any way to recruit additional
developers seems good to me. Saying that we explicitly welcome
participation from women may get us mentioned in a few key blogs and
possibly result in increased participation.

I hope the explanation above is sufficient. If not, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel