[coreboot] Current version of buildrom works

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Thu Jun 25 17:04:06 CEST 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 04:46:32 Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> I just used buildrom to create a Qemu image for trying out the coreinfo
> payload. It worked perfectly with the prebuilt and unpatched version of
> Qemu that I collected from a repository for my distribution of Linux.
That's how it should work. Fine! :)

> I would hazard a guess that I can now use buildrom to create my images for
> an appropriate board, which presupposes that the board name (to be named
> later) is a known working one with Coreboot.
As you don't give a real question it's quite hard to know what you want to
hear, but you are correct with your assumption that it is possible to use
buildrom for creating a coreboot image which is working on real hardware.

It's not really hard creating such an image without buildrom, but buildrom is
just a little bit more comfortable.

> Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
> "The Force will be with you always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Regards,
Harald