[coreboot] locking...

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:29:39 CEST 2009

> > at the default 8KB). This might solve booting, but I'll still have APs
> and
> > BSP talking all at once, which I'm also seeing on K10.
>
> I tried with a 32KB stack and a 64KB stack, no change, the machine still
> resets itself:
>
>   http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dme/minicom-20090624e.cap

Maybe this is a silly suggestion, but how hard would it be to write a script
that unscrambled the output?

If I only knew how to find it on Google (I tried briefly), I'm sure
something similar has already been written.

It seems like it is a simpler problem because we know the maximum number of
processors and the possible format strings.  I wish I had the time to play
with it because I think it would be fun to write.

It seems like the priorities are:
1. Stop the APs from executing when they shouldn't.
2. Fix locking if it's still a problem.

I think the garbled output provides a good hint (although it is annoying) at
what's wrong.

Thanks,
Myles