[coreboot] flashrom licensing

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jun 24 16:36:07 CEST 2009

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Each driver would have to be a separate process with no common code
> or the same problem would just be moved to the common code of the
> drivers.

That common code could have a different license than flashrom itself.

> > Maybe you remember the discussion about flashrom plugins.
>
> Sorry, I can't remember that discussion and a search turned up
> empty. If you have a subject line or date, I'll gladly reread that
> discussion.

No single thread, my comments were late last year.

Subject: Re: [coreboot] LPCflasher Wiki Page

Subject: Re: [coreboot] Dynamic detection of Parallel Port

Subject: Re: [coreboot] Yet another idea of an SPI flash chip programmer

> Anyway, since we have FT4232H flasher support, the Cheetah is
> non-essential anyway.

I assume it's a tool someone uses. It would be nice to support it.

This will not be the last time this problem comes up.

Finally it allows flashrom to not care about libusb or libftdi.

//Peter