[coreboot] EP80579 Mainboard support

Arnaud Maye arnaud.maye at 4dsp.com
Mon Jun 22 14:06:32 CEST 2009

Hello Gents,

So I've been able to confirm that the WDT is not related to this issue
as indeed, changing the debug level
to something smaller does not change anything to my problem.

I've narrowed down the problem to the mtrr.c file in src/cpu/x86/mtrr/
in the function set_fixed_mtrrs().

The first time disable_cache() is called, the CPU gets "lost". It either
hang or jump back to some code
to hang a bit after.

Am not 100% sure but I would say that as soon we disable the cache, the
processor is "forced" to
execute from RAM and not from the cache itself, having this strange
behavior here can still mean the
memory controller settings are not correct, right?

Anyone of you encountered this issue? I have searched for a bit on
google, but not much I could find
about this besides unanswered posts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arnaud