[coreboot] locking...

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 05:15:52 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Carl-Daniel
Hailfinger<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Unless I'm misreading the K8/Fam10 CAR code in v2, they are a bit
> peculiar. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> 1. K8 code does not care at all if it runs on BSP or AP. Each core which
> enters v2/src/cpu/amd/car/cache_as_ram.inc locks the cache, clobbers the

is your assumption that they all enter that code valid? You need to
see what address the startup IPI from BSP to AP contains. IIRC it
contains an address in DRAM. I did study that code but it was a few
months ago. Take a look at how the BSP wakes up the AP and where the
startup IPI address is.

In fact each AP gets its own stack. in the code I wrote for v3,
potentially, each AP could get its own code block for startup.

Anyway you can double check me.

I think you guys are on to something,but we need to study this code a bit more.

thanks

ron